Do you have experience that
would complement our team?
Sneaker is a growing web development company that started in 2003. We have an office across from NASA and are currently looking for someone to join our team. The position terms are flexible, from Contractor, Contract to hire, or Employee. If you think you have what it takes, then fill out the form and send us your resume.
Sneaker builds and maintains custom WordPress websites for clients and other media companies in Houston on Linux servers. We also work in Magento and create Software as a Service (SaaS) websites in LAMP using the Laravel framework. We desire a team member that can work from the office 4 times a week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The type of work you would be involved in would be the following:
- Planning. You must be excellent with planning. Any assignment starts with planning before jumping into the assignment.
- Creating custom WordPress themes or child themes.
- Customizing WordPress with solutions built from the ground up (ie. creating plugins, complete sections from scratch, etc...).
- Writing MySQL queries and developing custom search areas.
- Troubleshooting plugins and technologies that integrate into our websites.
- Working with Cart 66, WooCommerce, and Gravity Forms.
- Correspond with customers daily to maintain and update websites.
- We work on Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers and standard Linux web hosting with shell access. You would be required to migrate environments from development/testing to production, sync testing environments with production, migrate MySQL databases, change php.ini files for leveraging more resources, working with Git for file management and other tasks associated with environments.
- Developing/Programming SaaS sites with LAMP using the Laravel framework (or Yii, something similar).
- Customizing Magento for E-commerce websites.
- Utilizing Git and SSH to fork/branch code, for file management while working in a development team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Need to know WordPress on an expert level.
- Git experience.
- As sites get complex, you need to be able to understand how they are built in order to troubleshoot them.
- Ability to work productively from remote locations.
- Ability to process decisions using innate moral and ethical guidelines. We are looking for an honest person with dignity.
- Ability to get along with people, respect your boss, your team leader, team members and work in a team environment. If this isn’t you, please don’t apply. We want a productive working environment for everyone free of stress associated with power struggles, bad attitudes or immaturity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and the flexibility to move quickly from project to project.
Optional but highly Desirable Skills & Abilities:
- Understand MVC/OOP – know your way around the MVC environment, where things are, how to work with objects, how to write functions, how to keep code separate. We work with the model aspect of MVC, not around it.
- Ability to look at a Database and understand what an application should do just from looking at the DB tables.
- Ability to write scripts that we can run on server schedules to automate processes.
- Experience with integrating systems, especially legacy system data into new SaaS sites.
- Experience in Magento.
- Ability to work on the command line (SSH).
- Node.js experience is a plus.
- Amazon Web Services experience a huge plus.
Credentials & Experience:
- Strong preference for someone with at least 2.5 years of working in an agency setting using WordPress.
- Bachelors degree in related field field is strongly preferred but may not be necessary.
- At least 3 references.
Salary commensurate to experience.